How your dermatologist in Buffalo can help your skin
Skin conditions can be unsightly and uncomfortable. Unfortunately, they are also very common. If you suffer from a common skin condition, don’t worry. There are many effective treatments to relieve skin problems. Your dermatologist Dr. Anthony Dee at Dermatologic Center for Excellence in Buffalo, NY, wants to share treatment options for some of the more common skin conditions.
Both teenagers and adults can suffer from acne, which is the most common skin condition in the United States. Acne shows up as either clusters of blackheads or whiteheads, or large, painful bumps. It is caused by pores becoming clogged with excess oil, bacteria and dead skin cells.
At Dermatologic Center for Excellence, acne is treated with several effective options, including:
- Benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin to unblock pores
- Hormone-related acne treatments
- Oral and topical antibiotics to clear up infection
- Extraction treatment to remove whiteheads and blackheads
Warts are another common skin problem caused by the Human Papilloma Virus or HPV. They can be spread from one body area to another and from person-to-person. Although warts can go away on their own, Dermatologic Center for Excellence offers these effective treatments for stubborn warts:
- Electrosurgery, to electrify and kill the tissue around the wart
- Cryosurgery, to freeze and kill the wart tissue
- Freezing products including aerosol sprays, to kill wart tissue
- Laser surgery, to heat and kill wart tissue
- Products containing salicylic acid, to dissolve the wart
Psoriasis, an autoimmune condition, is also common. Your body attacks itself in response to triggers like stress, infections or skin injuries. Psoriasis looks like scaly, red patches and usually appears on your scalp, elbows or knees.
Dermatologic Center for Excellence offers many effective treatments depending on the severity and type of psoriasis. These are just a few of the treatments available:
- Prescription topical creams to eliminate itching, reduce swelling, reduce growth and flatten lesions associated with psoriasis
- Oral medications and biologics to alleviate symptoms and reduce autoimmune reactions to triggers
- Light therapy using ultraviolet light, lasers and sunlight to alleviate symptoms and reduce lesions
Acne, warts and psoriasis are just a few of the skin conditions treated at Dermatologic Center for Excellence. For a complete listing of available services, please visit the website at http://www.rashdecision.com/services.html.
Don’t suffer from skin problems when help is just a phone call away. Get some relief by calling your dermatologist Dr. Anthony Dee at Dermatologic Center for Excellence in Buffalo, NY. Call today and find out more!